Tell me about Revenue Boost, its work and projects…
Revenue boost is a B2B sales & marketing consulting/e-learning company. We help small businesses and digital agencies that sell in a B2B environment with lead generation, marketing strategy, sales process and growth.
We deliver this help via a 3-4 month consulting/coaching engagement working with the founder and or their sales team, and we have a paid online course along with free content on the web.
We also own a free community on Facebook with over 2000 members! When it comes to lead generation and marketing, our core expertise is in Outbound. Teaching companies how to leverage Linkedin & Cold email outreach to generate opportunities and new clients.
What are the challenges within the Advertising industry today?
- Competition, since there’s such a low barrier to entry with digital marketing
- Skeptical and educated consumers. Marketing messaging requires more sophistication, and trust building
- Standing out and gaining consumers attention, when there is so many messages/ads and distractions for the consumer that we’re competing against.
- Staying up to date on trends and what’s working now, which platforms and new tools are useful, and keeping up in a world that’s evolving quite fast
How has the COVID-19 pandemic changed the way you go about business? What trends do you see for the future?
It didn’t change the way I do business, as I already have been working remotely with clients/team for many years. I’d say it accelerated a few shifts that were already happening in the world
- More people being self employed, starting a business, freelancing
- Working remotely becoming more normalized. With team members, and with consumers being comfortable doing business and making deals remotely
- Relating to the above, digital marketing becoming more prevalent and important.
What is your biggest objective as a speaker?
- To inspire others to better themselves and their business, and to educate others with knowledge and belief shifts that can significantly impact their career/business success and life conditions
Could you share with us the points of discussion (the input that you provided) during the panel(s) at the AD World conference?
- What Outbound Marketing is and the advantages over other marketing channels
- 3 Step process to executing outbound marketing
- Messaging & targeting strategies to stand out from competitors and see results with outbound marketing
- Leveraging automation to speed up the process
As a leader, what are the factors both professional and personal that drive you? What keeps you going?
- Freedom – creating the business success that allows for time, financial, location freedom for myself & my family, and helping others create the success that gives them the same freedom. Entrepreneurship gives you an opportunity to live an extraordinary life, but it’s only an opportunity! We still need the skills, knowledge, and experience to overcome challenges and enjoy the potential rewards. My goal in life is to live the best life I can, be happy and fulfilled, and this connects to professional ambitions and the purpose behind what we do at revenue boost
- Helping others achieve and realize their greatest dreams and fulfilling their potential
- Helping the small-business ownership journey be a bit easier for others
In your opinion, do digital events give you a similar level of feedback/result vis-à-vis the live versions? What would you say were the biggest pros and cons of both formats? Which do you prefer?
- I think the knowledge and information gained would be the same for in person or digital. The biggest difference and con to digital events is the lack of networking ability and missing out on the memorable “experience” of traveling somewhere to go to an event and meet new people. The pro of digital events is the convenience, we aren’t limited as much by our geographical location or schedule and are able to attend more events. I prefer in-person but I see that both have their place!
What is your take on in-person events? Do you prefer in-person events as compared to hybrid or virtual? How soon do you think in-person events would return?
Like I mentioned above, there’s some things about in person events that you can’t replicate with digital events, like the networking and recreational experience of it. I do prefer in-person but I also enjoy the convenience of online events. I think in person events will return sooner then we expect as I already see quite a few coming back to in-person
In your opinion, what are the top 3 challenges to returning to ‘In-Person’ events? How could we mitigate risks?
Obviously safety with what remains of COVID. Other than that, people may have gotten accustomed to the convenience of online events and that could be a deterring factor. The way to mitigate would be emphasizing more of the benefits of coming to an event in person, and focusing more on facilitating networking events, after parties etc.
Overall I don’t see a huge challenge returning to in person events- I think most people are antsy and itching to get back to attending events in person, but that’s just my opinion!
Eventible.com is a review platform catering to B2B events. Given how review-driven our lives have become today, do you think reviews will bring in a level of transparency to the events industry? Would you rely on event reviews from other speakers if you had to make a speaking decision?
Definitely! Especially as there are so many events.
Finally, do you have a favourite mocktail or drink? We’d be delighted to know.
If it’s a cocktail then Probably Tequila Sunrise 🙂 but I prefer to enjoy red wine